Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] available_media.cmd and bpmedialist KB Size issues?

2003-03-06 13:51:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] available_media.cmd and bpmedialist KB Size issues?
From: Nathan.Fisk AT roc.celltechgroup DOT com (Fisk, Nathan (ROC))
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:51:53 -0500
Being a Veritas Newbie, I only recently discovered the wonders of the
available_media.cmd script. So, I instantly wrote up a script (awk, in
Cygwin) to give me a better looking report with totals based on the output.
Well, everything works out, but it seems that I'm having a problem with the
output from bpmedialist/available_media.cmd. I run a StorageTek library,
with 35/70 DLT drives. However, the amount that bpmedia/available_media.cmd
says I have written to each tape is around 150000000Kb per full tape, which
(divide by 1024 twice, unless I have my math wrong) equates to about 140GB
and double my capacity per tape. Am I reading this output wrong? Is the
output in something other than KB? Any help anyone can give would be greatly
appreciated.

-Nathan
(all apologies for the giant signature)

The information contained in this email is intended for the personal and
confidential use of the addressee only. It may also be privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient then you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, distribution or
copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify Celltech immediately on:
+44 (0)1753 534655, or email 'is AT celltech.co DOT uk'
Celltech Group plc
208 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 3WE, Berkshire, UK
Registered Office as above.