Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client-side Reporting?

2003-03-06 11:16:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client-side Reporting?
From: cord.beermann AT mediaways DOT net (Cord Beermann)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:16:24 +0100
Hi.

I'm looking for a way to see on Client-Side which Backups have been
run when.

I run these clients with the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES-Directive together with
NEW_STREAM. so i have n Backupjobs.

I looked into bpend_notify, but that one doesn't get the Partition or
the Mountpoint which has just been backuped.

I tried with 'bplist -b -l' but here i have the problem that i don't
get an error-code, so i'm not quiet sure that the backups show up here
(if i only look at the mount-point) are really succesful, and bplistg
seems to make a connection to the server, which isn't really fun if i
run that on n servers every 10 minutes.

ideas? solutions?

Cord

--
BOFH excuse #322:

Your Pentium has a heating problem - try cooling it with ice cold water.(Do not
turn of your computer, you do not want to cool down the Pentium Chip while he
isn't working, do you?)