Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SDLT320 Tapedrives in Netapp Filer/Ontap 6.4

2003-03-06 03:20:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SDLT320 Tapedrives in Netapp Filer/Ontap 6.4
From: Klaus.Micheler AT infineon DOT com (Klaus.Micheler AT infineon DOT com)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:20:26 +0100
Hi Everyone,

we are having a strange problem with our SDLT320 drives.
Until Ontap 6.4, we used them in SDLT220 Compatibility mode, because our
filer dit not support SDLT320 native.

But after we have switched to ontap 6.4, and the drives an Tapes should be
written to its full capacity, where has nothing changed. We still get in
average 300GB (w. compr.) on each tape., but we expected an increase in
capacity to about 450GB/Tape.
Anyone else noticed the same???

regards,
Klaus Micheler