Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: Backups to disk storage unit stay in queued state

2003-03-05 16:59:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: Backups to disk storage unit stay in queued state
From: mike.marcell AT pni DOT com (mike.marcell AT pni DOT com)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:59:30 -0700
I knew that it was something so simple, I completely over looked it.   I
was using a schedule in my test policies that was over-riding the policy
storage unit.  It was pointing to a unit that I'd dropped in my testing,
and as I'd changed the policy, I should have double-checked the schedule.

Ultimately, bouncing the netbackup daemons was the fix to my original
problem.  Turns out the new problem that I had created with the schedule,
gave the same symptoms.

Special thanks to David Chapa for all of the suggestions.

                      Mike Marcell

                                               To:       veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
                      Composed                 cc:

                      Date:03/04/2003          Subject:  Backups to disk
storage unit stay in queued state
                      09:56 PM

I'm configuring a disk storage unit on my netbackup server.  When I kick
off the saves configured to use this storage unit, the job just sits in a
"queued" state.

I've checked everything that I can think of, and support has even gone over
this.  It seems like this should be fairly straight forward.  I configured
the storage as on-demand only and set up a new policy, using existing
clients that I know work fine when backing up to tape.

Anybody else run into this type of problem when configuring local disk as a
storage unit?   Any suggestions?

Basics:

Netbackup 4.5,  Vol Mgr 3.5,  Powerpath 3.0.3,  Solaris 2.6 master, storage
connected via SAN over Emulex fibre.

Thanks,

-Mike