Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 9840 drive cleaning in L700

2003-03-05 08:42:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 9840 drive cleaning in L700
From: jerome.bauwens AT steria DOT com (jerome bauwens)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:42:56 +0100
Hi,

The 9840 drives are "auto clean" so they get cleaned by the library whenever
they need. It has nothing to do with the cleaning feature in NetBackup that
you need to turn off. The setup is done on the front panel of the L700.
Those drives don't need many cleanings as I had only 30 cleaning tapes mount
in over a year but everything was working fine (6 drives).

Jerome