Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backups to disk storage unit stay in queued state

2003-03-05 00:15:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backups to disk storage unit stay in queued state
From: mike.marcell AT pni DOT com (mike.marcell AT pni DOT com)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 22:15:39 -0700
I'm configuring a disk storage unit on my netbackup server.  When I kick
off the saves configured to use this storage unit, the job just sits in a
"queued" state.

I've checked everything that I can think of, and support has even gone over
this.  It seems like this should be fairly straight forward.  I configured
the storage as on-demand only and set up a new policy, using existing
clients that I know work fine when backing up to tape.

Anybody else run into this type of problem when configuring local disk as a
storage unit?   Any suggestions?

Basics:

Netbackup 4.5,  Vol Mgr 3.5,  Powerpath 3.0.3,  Solaris 2.6 master, storage
connected via SAN over Emulex fibre.

Thanks,

-Mike

Get headline news all day on Arizona's Home Page, http://www.azcentral.com