Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NEW_STREAM Question

2003-03-01 12:21:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NEW_STREAM Question
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:21:01 -0600
--=_alternative 005F49CE86256CDC_=

you're trying to kick a user backup off from the client using bpbackup,
right?  when you say you're successfully using the NEW_STREAM directive
from the GUI, you're talking about setting it up in a policy via the admin
console with an automatic schedule and appropriate file list, right?

These are different unless you use the -i option with bpbackup (which must
be done from a valid server, not a client)

a user backup from the CLI using bpbackup, without the -i option, is like
opening a client GUI (not the admin GUI) and selecting the files to be
backed up and clicking the button to back up these files.  it does not use
the file list configured in the policy.  if you want it multi-streamed,
you only select a portion of the files and back them up, then select
another portion and back them up, etc. etc.

with the -i option, it's like opening the admin GUI and selecting a policy
and initiating a manual backup (as opposed to having the scheduler
initiate it).  in this case, the file list is used.

since you're trying to pass a file containing the files to be backed up to
the bpbackup command, you must be using bpbackup without the -i option (-i
does not support this since it uses the file list in the policy),
therefore, for you to do multi-streaming you will need to have multiple
files containing the files to be backed up already separated the way you
want them streamed, and initiate a bpbackup for each of these file files.

- Scott

"Perales, Carlos" <carlos.perales AT keebler DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
02/28/2003 10:59 AM