Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] format of tapes written by netbackup

2003-02-27 00:03:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] format of tapes written by netbackup
From: veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us (veritas-bu AT jasons DOT us)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:03:46 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Broun, Bevan wrote:

> Hello all
>
> What is the format of files written by veritas netbackup. I have heard that
> the tapes can be read using tar, Im not in a position yet to test this
> but it is a requested feature in our backup requirements document.

Non-mutiplexed backups are gnutar format.  Multiplexed backups are
proprietary and can only be read by NetBackup.

-Jason

-----
Jason K. Schechner  -   check out www.cauce.org and help ban spam-mail.
"All HELL would break loose if time got hacked." - Bill Kearney 02-04-03
---There is no TRUTH.  There is no REALITY.  There is no CONSISTENCY.---
   ---There are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS   I'm very probably wrong.---