Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog backup to shared disk

2003-02-24 08:12:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backup to shared disk
From: Mark Kilpatrick" <mark.kilpatrick AT redstor DOT com (Mark Kilpatrick)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:12:31 -0000
Hi,  I have attempted to configure a catalog backup to a disk which is owned
by a NetApp filer.  The disk is shared and accessible to the master server
with full rights.  The objective is to have a copy of the catalogs at an
alternative location to the master server without the requirement to send a
physical tape to that location.

The catalog backup fails with a permissions error.

Is this a supported configuration and which permissions should I need on the
shared disk and Networker Client Service?

Thanks in advance,  Mark