Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Relabel tape without destroying the content

2003-02-25 21:39:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Relabel tape without destroying the content
From: nawir AT esuria.com DOT bn (nawir)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:39:01 +0800
Hi expert,
I read in this mailing list somewhere in 15 Feb 2000, someone already done
this before but when I follow their steps I have problem like below.

In my situation is changing from barcode label DN6667 to DN6699
1. Freeze DN6667 using bpmedia -ev DN6667 -freeze
2.Create a new barcode rule called <NONE>. Set the media type to
"default", volume pool "none" in the barcode rule.
3. Take out the DN6667 tape from L9 and change the barcode label with
DN6699
4. Put in back in L9 and do Inventory
When I try to restore the content of the tape, it still required DN6667.

Do I miss something there?

thanks