Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] jnbSA only on Admin Workstation

2003-02-24 07:48:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] jnbSA only on Admin Workstation
From: cord.beermann AT mediaways DOT net (Cord Beermann)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:48:50 +0100
Hallo! nawir hat geschrieben:

> with that jnbSA in your Workstation, are you only doing backup only or
> restore as well.
> What I know so far, you can't restore files not belong to you by default
> unless you follow Managing the Restore of Client Files in p282 of NetBackup
> BusinessServer 4.5 System Administration Guide for Unix

I just tried to restore a file from one of my clients to the server
and it worked.

the 'can't restore files not belong to you' does only apply if you try
to initiate the restore as Joeuser from a client. If it is possible
for root@client to get back even joeusers files from the same
client... dunno.

But as i log in as 'root' via the Console on the Backup-Server i'm
certainly not a normal user and have the right to do everything. even
restoring client-a-backups to client-b.

> To allow Admin Workstation to manage server remotely, are you following
> steps in Administering a Remote master Server in p298 and p302 of  System
> Administration Guide above

as i have NetBackup DataCenter my Documentation has these presumably
on pages 372... and yes that's the thing i do, but it was so
straightfoward that i haven't read that until now ;-)

Cord
--
BOFH excuse #272:

Netscape has crashed