Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] URGENT: NBU45 restores fail with "database system error"

2003-02-21 18:27:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] URGENT: NBU45 restores fail with "database system error"
From: draxil AT hknetmail DOT com (draxil AT hknetmail DOT com)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:27:08 +1100
I already tried to send this and it doesn't sem to have worked. Apologies if
you get this twice.

Last weekend we upgraded from NBU3.4 to 4.5 with MP3. We have done several
restores since without any problem.
We use SQL-Backtrack for Oracle and the NetBackup OBSI to do hot backups of
oracle databases.

Yesterday we attempted to restore from that morning's SQL-Bactrack backup.
These backups/restores generated about 130 - 150 streams or jobs in NetBackup.
The restore ran fine for the first 100 or so jobs, but then started failing
with the following message appearing in the bpdbm log on the master server...

18:32:40.232 [29519] <2> bpdbm: request complete: exit status 220 database
system error

All subsequent restores fail with this error. The restore jobs do not even
appear in Activity Monitor. We tried again from a different backup and the same
thing happpened.

I have a call open with Veritas. They have suggested converting that part of
the catalog back to ASCII text. We did this but are still getting the same
error. All the relevant catalog entries exist and look OK to me.

The servers involved are all HP-UX11 sharing SAN tape drives via SSO.

Regards
Dean Allen
AXA Australia

HKNETMAIL.COM Free WEB MAIL Service by  HKNET