Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] available media script is slow and I need more info...anything be tter

2003-02-13 12:43:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] available media script is slow and I need more info...anything be tter
From: pcd AT xinupro DOT com (Peter DrakeUnderkoffler)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:43:43 -0500
available_media doesn't really do that much except call
vmpool, vmquery and bpmedialist.  It does a couple of loops depending
on the number of pools you have.  You may be able to get
the info you need with something like

vmquery -a -bx

but you still will need to know what is what and
how to interpret available media.  The speed
probably will not be that much greater.  Maybe
it's time to look at the master/media server config
and figure out some upgrade/improvement path.

Thanks
Peter