Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Errors with Oracle 8i RMAN and NetBackup

2003-02-13 09:29:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Errors with Oracle 8i RMAN and NetBackup
From: minter AT hcssystems DOT com (H. Wade Minter)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:29:55 -0500
I've almost got RMAN working with our NetBackup 3.4GA system (Solaris
2.6), but I'm running across a couple of errors.  I haven't been able
to solve them, so I thought I'd ask here, in case anyone has any
insights.

On one of our database machines, we've been getting the following error
pretty consistently, though not every night:

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03007: retryable error occurred during execution of command: backup
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel t1
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-19502: write error on file
"4defa506_1_1", blockno 1 (blocksize=512)
ORA-27030: skgfwrt: sbtwrite2 returned error
ORA-19511: sbtwrite2: sbtwrite2() failed.
RMAN-10031: ORA-19624 occurred during call to
DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.BACKUPPIECECREATE

Am I correct in thinking that this is a NetBackup/Media Manager issue,
as opposed to an Oracle one?  If so, where should I look to fix it?

On the other one, we changed the symlink to libobk.so to the one for
NetBackup, and restarted the Oracle processes.  Now, we're getting the
following error:

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03006: non-retryable error occurred during execution of command:
backup
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel t1
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-27206: requested file not
found in media management catalog
RMAN-10031: ORA-19583 occurred during call to
DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.BACKUPPIECECREATE

The database are registered in the catalog, as far as I can tell.

If I've left out any relevant details, let me know, and I'll provide
them.

Thanks,
Wade