Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 downgrade master to media server

2003-02-12 17:47:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 downgrade master to media server
From: dean.allen AT axa.com DOT au (dean.allen AT axa.com DOT au)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:47:50 +1100
Hi folks,

We are in the midst of a staged upgrade from NBU 3.4 to 4.5 (MP3)

As part of the second stage of the upgrade, the current temporary 4.5
master server needs to be downgraded to a SAN media server.
Has anyone done this before?
Is it simply a case of changing the SERVER= in the temporary master's
bp.conf to point to the new master?

I'm aware I'll lose anything in the temporary master's database but this
isn't a problem.
And I'll be deleting all tapes from the temporary master before the change
so there shouldn't be any tape entries left "orphaned".

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards,
Dean Allen
ISG - Storage Management
AXA Australia

Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this
email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this
email are not necessarily the views of AXA.   Thank you.