Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NT 4.0/NBU 4.5MP2 Client/SQL Server

2003-02-11 16:22:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NT 4.0/NBU 4.5MP2 Client/SQL Server
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:22:04 -0500
Alright here's one that has me stumped.

prior to upgrading the client to v 4.5 the NT 4.0 machine running SP6a had the
NBU 3.4.1 client installed on it and was able to perform both file system
backup as well as SQL SRVR backups without issue.

Now that my customer has installed the 4.5 client (MP2), the file system
backups fail with a status 41, but the SQL server backups run like a dream.

We've done the normal TS work, by increasing client connect and client read
timeouts...

I know there is an issue with NT 4.0, SP6a and Exchange Server when the NBU
client installer loads a newer version of mscvrt.dll...but I don't think this
is related.

We connect to bpcd, which spawns bpbkar, from the admin console it shows that
we have connected to the client....but then it eventually times out.

Any ideas?

David