Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Datacenter upgrade from 3.4 --> 4.5

2003-02-10 09:48:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Datacenter upgrade from 3.4 --> 4.5
From: dchrastil AT bcbsga DOT com (Dan Chrastil)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:48:26 -0500
--------------DF9BE7E62851BB28EBE076C1

Am planning to do a Datacenter upgrade from 3.4 to 4.5 next week.  Was curious
if anyone has had any
gotcha's they may have come across.

I have a all HP environment with one master server and 7 media servers.  Two of
the media servers
have oracle installed and do RMAN hotbackups.  There are about 20 clients of
which 3 or 4 also do
Oracle RMAN hotbackup.  From my understanding I can leave the clients at 3.4
for now and upgrade
them as time and downtime come available.  Also have a STK 9310 powderhorn tape
library running
ACSLS with two standalone drives connected to the two media servers running
oracle hotbackups and 10
drives configured in a mulithosted environment shared by the other 5 media
servers.

I believe I need to do the following at a minimum.  Anyone who has gone through
this please correct
me if I am wrong.

1.  Take Datacenter down and backup to DAT the /usr/openv filesystem for
backout purposes.
2.  Mount 4.5 cd and do upgrade on master server.
3.  Do upgrade on each media server.
4.  Do upgrade of oracle database agent on the two media servers running Oracle
hotbackups.
5.  Noticed a java patch and oracle database agent patch out on the veritas web
site.  Are there any
other patches I should know about.

Thank you for your time.

--------------DF9BE7E62851BB28EBE076C1

begin:vcard
n:Chrastil;Daniel
tel;pager:8777140649 AT skytel DOT com  (2-way email pager)
tel;fax:706.571.5329
tel;work:706.571.5317
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:IT-Midrange Systems Administration;Wellpoint Health Networks - BlueCross
BlueShield of GA
adr:;;2357 Warm Springs Road;Columbus;Georgia;31904;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:dchrastil AT bcbs-ga DOT com
title:Senior Systems Programmer
fn:Daniel Chrastil
end:vcard

--------------DF9BE7E62851BB28EBE076C1--