Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] WIN Exclude lists from command line?

2003-02-10 09:33:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] WIN Exclude lists from command line?
From: bbriscoe AT visteon DOT com (Briscoe, Brian (B.))
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:33:57 -0500
Curtis,

REGEDT32 has the ability to view/add REG_MULTI_SZ values.

The following is a snippet of VBscript to display the exclude list.

<==code starts==>
dim obj_Shell
dim var_Reg
dim str_item

Set obj_Shell = WScript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

var_Reg =
obj_Shell.RegRead("HKLM\Software\Veritas\Netbackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Exc
lude")

For Each str_Item In var_Reg
        WScript.Echo str_Item
Next

Set obj_Shell = Nothing
<==code ends==>

Unfortunately you cannot directly write REG_MULTI_SZ values using WSH.
You'd have to create a COM object "wrapper" that used the native win32
api functions and then call the COM object from your script.

HTH,

Brian Briscoe
European OA Support
Visteon Technical Centre, 28/J,