Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backup of NetApp filer does not terminate

2003-02-04 10:15:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backup of NetApp filer does not terminate
From: Dave.Pearson AT eml.ericsson DOT se (Dave Pearson (EMP))
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:15:02 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2CC60.30960520

Our remote NDMP backups are not terminating after they have written the tape.
They appear to remain active yet idle until they eventually expire after some
hours with a status 196. The backup is complete and they are not waiting for
media. Has anyone alse experienced this? We have one master server connected to
a Sun L11000 library. The master server has two network connections; one for
normal backups and the other with a direct connection to the NetApp filer. We
are using NetBackup 4.5GA MP2.

Thanks,

Dave Pearson
IT Projects
Ericsson Global IT Services

Tel:  +44 (1256) 774700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2CC60.30960520

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2654.19">
<TITLE>NDMP backup of NetApp filer does not terminate</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Our remote NDMP backups are not =
terminating after they have written the tape. They appear to remain =
active yet idle until they eventually expire after some hours with a =
status 196. The backup is complete and they are not waiting for media. =
Has anyone alse experienced this? We have one master server connected =
to a Sun L11000 library. The master server has two network connections; =
one for normal backups and the other with a direct connection to the =
NetApp filer. We are using NetBackup 4.5GA MP2.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks,</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" FACE=3D"Comic Sans MS">Dave =
Pearson</FONT></B>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">IT Projects</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Ericsson Global IT Services</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Tel:&nbsp; +44 (1256) 774700</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>