Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Confused about drive config with SSO

2003-01-30 12:06:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Confused about drive config with SSO
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:06:12 -0500
You should only have ONE robotic control set up for the sharing of the
library.  This MEDIA server will be responsible for handling all requests from
the other media servers for media picking within the library.

Even though you may "see" the robotic control from the other media
servers...don't be tempted to set it up as local control, but remote control
and enter the server's name that is configured as the robotic control host.

All of the Media servers on the SAN should see the drives as "local" drives.

However, you want to make sure that as you create them on your Master/Media
server that you configured them as Multi-hosted drives and add all of the
pertinent information for each media server as you create them (such
as /dev/rmt/xxx).

HTH

David Chapa

Quoting John.Kenny AT trw DOT com: