Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU Pro and VSR

2003-01-29 08:20:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU Pro and VSR
From: kathy AT mitre DOT org (Kathy Riddlemoser)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:20:16 -0500
--------------36E8C5AAAC1AB32E005C38CE

Jeff,

You are talking about NetBackup Professional, correct?  Are you using a
Windows or Unix server?  Having had experience using it under Unix, it is
best to run it under a Windows server.  I currently have 3 servers under
version 3.51.15.  I have 2 servers running under NT Authentication  with a
total of 620 clients.   I most recently set up a third server running under
Accounts Based Authentication for my remote clients outside of the corporate
domain.

I'm fairly happy with the product however it's not a perfect world, which
means neither is this product.  What are the issues you are having?  I can
not speak for Veritas Storage Replicator as I don't use that.

Kathy

"Kennedy, Jeffrey" wrote:

> We are currently trying to implement NBU Pro (without a lot of success I
> might add) and are considering Veritas Storage Replicator to go with it.
>
> Some questions:  Does this list have NBU Pro expertise?  Does this list
> have VSR expertise?  Does this list have the 2 together?
>
> Big questions I know, but NBU Pro is still in question as to whether or
> not it's a go or not.  If, and that's a big if, we get all the issues
> hammered out is the VSR product worth it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ~JK

--------------36E8C5AAAC1AB32E005C38CE

begin:vcard