Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up the Oracle

2003-01-29 05:16:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up the Oracle
From: Jadranko.Boljanovic AT epk.ericsson DOT se (Jadranko Boljanovic (EAB))
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:16:17 +0100
Hi,
I'm backing up the database to the disk (when I'm performing backup on the
database, RMAN backs up database to disk $ORACLE_HOME/dbs). I can use FORMAT to
redirect backup files to some other place on the disk.
What is the problem for me is that when I start my_backup_script (which is
actually a group of RMAN' commands) by the NetBackup policy (using the policy
schedule or backup manually. The policy has defined own storage unit- somewhere
on the disk, let say '/disk/policy_place/') I get same result like I'm starting
the script without NetBackup policy.
My question is:
When backing up the database to the disk the storage unit specified in the
NetBackup policy has no impact (I have same result with or without specified
storage unit in the policy and NetBackup has NO images of the database backups).
Is this okay to be like above in case of backing up database on the disk?
PS
I use NetBAckup4.5 and Oracle9i
Thanks again!
/Jadranko

Jadranko Boljanovic
electrical engineer
System Design
Service Network development

Ericsson AB
Phone: +46 455 39 53 09
Mobile: +46 708 696 145
E-mail: jadranko.boljanovic AT epk.ericsson DOT se