Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Questions on Staging to Disk and MS Exchange Age nt

2003-01-28 08:03:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Questions on Staging to Disk and MS Exchange Age nt
From: william_h_blandy AT fanniemae DOT com (William H Blandy)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:03:18 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C2C6A3.B7AF19B0

Mark, what type of drives are you using, like Mark we are about to
implement 4.5.  We have a project this year to get a portion of our
daily backups (say about 4-6 tb) on to disk.  We are struggling with a
methodology to do this.  Fulls done every x days and held for x weeks,
then incrementals (cum or dif), and a host of other questions.  Anyone
out there hold data on disk for a period of time longer than what it
takes to vault it?  Any suggestions on how to NOT create a brand new
disk farm of backed up data (do I then have to back this up? :{)  )
Thanks, Bill