Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN scripting

2003-01-24 13:07:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN scripting
From: ssesar AT mitre DOT org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:07:55 -0500
I asked this question before, perhaps, a bit prematurely.

I've been asked to write a program, which will dynamically, each time it
is called, create an RMAN backup script for each database we manage.

The reason we need to do this, is the requester of said program, does
not want to maintain 60+ scripts.

I understand that there is a wizard which will guide the user through
the process of creating the scripts. Does this "wizard" utilize a
back-end script or set of scripts that I can hack to suit our needs?

The program that I write will be run directly from the Oracle policy.

It will populate the necessary variables from various sources, compile
an RMAN script and run it.

Any direction, insight, help would be most appreciated.

--Steve

--
===================================

Steven L. Sesar