Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to migrate hardware and software?

2003-01-22 08:16:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to migrate hardware and software?
From: gustavo AT cpqd.com DOT br (Gustavo Chaves)
Date: 22 Jan 2003 11:16:30 -0200
Hi there,

I spent yesterday afternoon trying to find the answer in the admin
manual, the FAQ and this list archive to no avail...

I have a server running NBU3.4 and I want to upgrade it to a new
machine running NBU4.5.  I think the "orthodox" way to do it would be
like this:

- install NBU3.4 in the new server;
- copy the catalog from the old server to the new;
- upgrade the new server to NBU4.5.

Is that right?

Since I already have NBU4.5 installed in the new server, I was
wondering if it's possible to "import" the catalog from the old server
to the new avoiding the NBU3.4 install and the upgrade altogether.
Has anybody done this with success?

Thanks.

Gustavo.