Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems since upgrading master server hardware (NB 4.5, MP3, Solaris8)

2003-01-22 01:28:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems since upgrading master server hardware (NB 4.5, MP3, Solaris8)
From: sarcher AT connect.com DOT au (Suzi Archer)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:28:16 +1100
All,

My thanks for all the replies i recieved, The issue now appears to be solved..
but not in the way I expected..

As I was going thru suggestions, Len's suggestion of checking sockets closer,
led me to
discover that another master server had wiggled it's way onto the network, and
the two
appear to have been fighting it out since.

(the other server had originally been installed as a test box out of my control,
and had been forgotten about.. the owner of the box wanted to use the new
spanky
java admin console.. as soon as the SERVER entry for it went in to allow the
java admin
console.. that's when all went to hell)

Is it still the case that the admin clients need to be specified as a SERVER
in the masters bp.conf, or has that been gotten around and I missed it?
(just to stop this happening again)

Thanks again.

-suz