Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Incremental RMAN backups on split BCV's

2003-01-21 13:39:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Incremental RMAN backups on split BCV's
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:39:37 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C17C.738A8AC0

Mark,

Looks good, but I have one question -- why aren't you waiting until the next
evening to perform step 5?  In the event of a failure between your last
backup and the next one wouldn't you want your most recent backup data to be
available on BCV rather than tape, since a restore from BCV is much faster
than tape thereby decreasing your recovery time?  Re-establishing your BCV
may give you yet another mirrored copy of your data but it's really not
necessary given the reliability of EMC storage.
Just a thought...

-Dave