Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Calendar Based Scheduling Issues with 4.5

2003-01-20 19:00:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Calendar Based Scheduling Issues with 4.5
From: Fabbro.Andrew AT cnf DOT com (Fabbro, Andrew P)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:00:44 -0800
>opens up but wait until after 12:00 am when a new 24 hour period begins.
So we are losing >time on our backup window because Calendar Based
Scheduling only allows for 1 backup per
>24 hours for a given client in a given policy.

...in a given schedule.  I have implemented policies where, for example,
full backups were run 12am-5am and then 5am-10am (don't ask ;)  These were
two different schedules in the same policy and both ran without problems.
That doesn't address your issue but if you are in a pinch, you could
temporarily break your days up into alternating schedules (i.e., one
schedule does Mon/Wed/Fri and the other Tue/Thu/Sat or whatever).

Of course, it would be better to find and fix the problem, but that is one
possible temporary workaround.

--
 Drew Fabbro [fabbro.andrew AT cnf DOT com]
 Unix Systems Group