Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] redirected restore security question

2003-01-15 09:48:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] redirected restore security question
From: steve.jenkins AT sparrow DOT org (Steve Jenkins)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:48:57 -0500
I've got an interesting dilemma.  Within our organization, we've got
competing groups of netware admins.  They each want to be able to do
their own restores.  They don't like the ugly character based netware
restore client and want to be able to use a graphical interface.  They are
also worried that the other group of admins might do a redirected restore
to the wrong server.

If I give them the java wdc console access (master server running on
hpux), they can do an any to any restore.  Any thoughts on how I can
give them gui based restores, but keep admin group a from restoring to
admin group b's servers?

          Steve