Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Stop service before job

2003-01-14 19:37:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Stop service before job
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:37:32 -0800 (PST)

> There may be a better way, but you could try using net start/stop commands
> in bpstart_notify.bat and bpend_notify.bat.  These scripts are looked for
> when backups start and stop on Windows clients.  See the system
> administrator's guide for more information about creating and using both
> files.

Certainly that's the NBU place for stuff to go.  The original poster may
have been wondering about the windows service side of things.

If it's not something simple you could do in a .BAT script, I'd
recommend installing perl on the machine and writing a perl script.  You
could call it from the NBU batch scripts.

With the help of the Win32::Service module, you can do normal control
(start, stop, pause, resume) of Services from a script.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company