Veritas-bu

[[Veritas-bu] Drives down NBU 4.5 MP2]

2003-01-13 13:49:01
Subject: [[Veritas-bu] Drives down NBU 4.5 MP2]
From: javier.graf AT usa DOT net (jago)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:49:01 +0100
Hi Katherine,

May be you can run a ioscan and see the results, by the way, what OS are you
on?

Sincerely Yours

DATASEC

Javier González

CEO / GM IT Services

DATASEC Software GmbH

Giessenweg  21

CH-6403  Küssnacht am Rigi

Tel:          +41 41 852 1066

Fax:         +41 41 852 1065

Mobile:     +41 76 384 2002

 jg AT datasec DOT ch

www.datasec.ch

"Greenberg, Katherine A" <GreenbergKA AT aetna DOT com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen this before....
>
> I have a library with 8 fibre (SAN) attached tape drives (IBM 3590E1A). The
> drives are fine and working and using robtest I can load and unload them.
mt
> commands come back and say, yeah! there's a tape in there. However, when I
> try to run backups, the drives get DOWN'ED with a messages in
> /var/adm/messages of "Unable to Open Drive".  And it's not only ONE drive,
> it just goes down the Index list, attempts a mount, fails and downs the
> drive.
>
> Now the above would give me pause if this were happening on ALL the servers
> in the environment. however, this is only happening on the Master. So, for
> all intents and purposes, backups are completing successfully b/c there are
> other boxes clients can use to back them up. The only thing that is
> consistently failing are catalog backups...
>
> Any thoughts, help, etc. are appreciated.
>
> Regards!
> Kate
>
> Katherine Greenberg
> Systems Engineer
> Mid-Range Storage Management
> Aetna, Inc.
> bensonka AT aetna DOT com
> 860.636.6724
>

> This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the exclusive use of
the
> person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential or
> privileged information.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
> recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that
> any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.
If