Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Some trouble patching NB Win2K client.

2003-01-07 15:17:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Some trouble patching NB Win2K client.
From: vaxzilla AT jarai DOT org (Brian Chase)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 12:17:16 -0800 (PDT)
On our Exchange 2000 server, running Windows 2000 AS SP2, I've got the
basic NetBackup 3.4.1 client installed and working.  I've attempted to
install the 3.4.1_4A patch, unpacking it into a temp directory and
double-clicking on the setup.exe as the readme file indicates to do,
but nothing happens.  The setup.exe doesn't launch the installer or give
any sort of indictation of doing anything or running.  Then if I pull
command shell and type in "C:\PATCHTEMP\SETUP.EXE" to manually run the
commmand, it hangs doing nothing and never exiting until I hit ctrl-C
to break out of it.

Has anyone else seen this behavior (or lack of behavior) before?

-brian.