Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup to disk then to tape?

2003-01-07 13:14:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup to disk then to tape?
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:14:07 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2B678.91A64940

I assume you mean, by "local disk", disk that is local to your media
server(s), not your client.

You'll probably have to make a different policy because the client list is
part of the policy.  Storage units, disk or tape, can be assigned to a
schedule but the client list is global to the policy.  If you want to treat
these clients differently, they'll have to be in their own policy.

Once on disk, you can use bpimmedia to list the images on this disk storage
unit's filesystem, then feed this list into bpduplicate via a bidfile to
duplicate it to tape.

You can then expire the copy on disk with bpexpdate (make sure you use the
-copy switch).  Be sure that the duplication took place successfully first
before you expire the disk image.  Once the disk image is expired, the tape
copy automatically becomes your primary copy for restore purposes.

Yes, the your plan is doable.  I do it myself.

-M