Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Max settings on DLT drives

2003-01-06 14:56:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Max settings on DLT drives
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 11:56:39 -0800 (PST)
> My backups have slowed greatly and I want to be sure I'm using the correct
> settings on my DLT drives for max density & compression.
>
> Here's my st.conf entry, does anybody know how to translate?
>
> DLT7k-data = 1,0x38,0,0x3D639,4,0x82,0x83,0x84,0x85,3;

An st.conf entry is solaris specific, so I'm assuming that's what you're
running as a media server.

These show what density code is sent to the drive for a specific
device.  So we'd need to know which device you are using for the tape
drive.

The density codes would be explained somewhere on the Quantum site, but
from memory it's something like

0x82 -> 20GB density
0x83 -> 20GB density + compression
0x84 -> 35GB density
0x85 -> 35GB density + compression

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company