Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backups Issues

2003-01-03 23:07:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backups Issues
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:07:59 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2B3A6.DE222D40

You have to start the ltid daemon with the "no standalone unload" option or
it'll "rewoffl" the tape, rewinding & ejecting, at the end of the backup
session.

In v3.4 it's a command-line option (-nsu) you add to the S77netbackup
startup for ltid, see the admin guide starting on page 640 (How Netbackup
uses Media in a Standalond Drive).  In v4.5 this section starts on page 793.

Also, if you're keeping the images for different retention periods, you have
to add ALLOW_MULTIPLE_RETENTIONS to the bp.conf file or it'll try to eject
the tape and request one with a different retention.

If you're using a Windows Master server, I don't know but I'd go searching
the docs for "standalone unload".

HTH - Mark