Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] error 219 on Solaris and NB 3.4

2003-01-02 16:38:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] error 219 on Solaris and NB 3.4
From: eppesuigoccas AT libero DOT it (Giuseppe Sacco)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:38:06 +0100
Il Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:32:58PM +0100, François-Xavier Peretmere ha scritto:
> [...]

Nothing, of course. When the morning mail about backup status said then
something went wrong, we get to the L9 and we found that it was blocked
reading the barcode of a tape.

>  Not. bplabel should run for a couple of minutes maximum. Seem
> like there's a problem in the data path between your host and the
> tape drive.
>  It the tape reachable with basic commands (mt, tar, cpio...) ?

I will try this.

>  Robotic path seems ok. robtest should work. But is the data path
> from the host to the robot the same than the one to the tape drives ?

I will try robtest also. I will read the related documentation.

> > The only problem is that when a backup start (at its scheduled time)
> > then it switch to state 'done' with error 219.
>
>  Are the drive UP (vmoprcmd) ? if yes, are the drives defined with
> the correct density ?

Who/what should have changed the definiton? :-|

>  Hth.

Thank you very much for your help, when I will have some answer I will
let the list know.

Giuseppe