Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] error 219 on Solaris and NB 3.4

2003-01-02 07:32:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] error 219 on Solaris and NB 3.4
From: fx AT veritas DOT com (François-Xavier Peretmere)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:32:58 +0100

 If it use to work and is not anymore, then my first question
is "what has change between ?"  ;-)

> I then tried to use the command bplabel as suggested in the
> list archive but this command seems to run forever. Is it normal?
> I kept it running for at leat 3 hours, then I stopped it.

 Not. bplabel should run for a couple of minutes maximum. Seem
like there's a problem in the data path between your host and the
tape drive.
 It the tape reachable with basic commands (mt, tar, cpio...) ?

> Actually the system is a SUN E4500 with an L9 tape library. The
> netbackup is used for both file system backup and oracle RMAN backup.
>
> When I found the problem I tought that ths was because of a
> communication problem between the SUN and the L9, but if I change the
> tapes in the library the NetBackup is aware of this change. So they
> communicate.

 Robotic path seems ok. robtest should work. But is the data path
from the host to the robot the same than the one to the tape drives ?

> The only problem is that when a backup start (at its scheduled time)
> then it switch to state 'done' with error 219.

 Are the drive UP (vmoprcmd) ? if yes, are the drives defined with
the correct density ?

 Hth.

 Cordialement && meilleurs voeux.

#include <VRTS/disclaimer.h>
--
Codepie : 1° A pizza that one orders while writing code. 2° The pizza
one orders to celebrate the compiling of said code. 3° The code itself,