Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] error 219 on Solaris and NB 3.4

2002-12-24 05:35:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] error 219 on Solaris and NB 3.4
From: eppesuigoccas AT iol DOT it (Giuseppe Sacco)
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:35:31 +0100
Hi All,
I recently got an error 219. The NetBackup is a 3.4 and it was working
like a charm until some days ago.

I browsed the net looking for more informations about this problem and I
read the thread on this list. I also applied the latest solaris patch
110539-15 in order to fix this problem.

Since I am writing here you may imagine that the problem persists :-)

I then tried to use the command bplabel as suggested in the list archive
but this command seems to run forever. Is it normal? I kept it running
for at leat 3 hours, then I stopped it.

Actually the system is a SUN E4500 with an L9 tape library. The
netbackup is used for both file system backup and oracle RMAN backup.

When I found the problem I tought that ths was because of a
communication problem between the SUN and the L9, but if I change the
tapes in the library the NetBackup is aware of this change. So they
communicate.

The only problem is that when a backup start (at its scheduled time)
then it switch to state 'done' with error 219.

Installing the Solaris patch changed the sg kernel driver from version
3.2 to 3.4. Is it correct? Am I installing the wrong patch?

Do you have any more hints about this problem?

I thank you very much,
Giuseppe