Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL-Server backup

2002-12-23 19:42:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL-Server backup
From: rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com (rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:42:18 -0800
--=_alternative 00045C3F88256C99_=

Know Oracle but new to SQL Server.

I was planning on having two policies to backup this server.  The first
one is for the OS and the second is for the SQL-Server database.  Looking
at the manual, I couldn't find any reference to an exclude list for
Windows 2000 policy.  Normally, in Solaris, I would backup the system
minus the Oracle datafiles.  Is there a way to exclude backup of the SQL
Server files during the system backup? It appears the SQL Server was
installed in D:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.  Are all the relevant SQL
Server files contained in this directory?

Any input or alternative approach appreciated?

Regards,

Rene

--=_alternative 00045C3F88256C99_=

backup this server. &nbsp;The first one is for the OS and the second is for the
SQL-Server database. &nbsp;Looking at the manual, I couldn't find any reference
to an exclude list for Windows 2000 policy. &nbsp;Normally, in Solaris, I would
backup the system minus the Oracle datafiles. &nbsp;Is there a way to exclude
backup of the SQL Server files during the system backup? It appears the SQL
Server was installed in D:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL. &nbsp;Are all the
relevant SQL Server files contained in this directory?</font>
appreciated?</font>
--=_alternative 00045C3F88256C99_=--