Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore problem with Tru64

2002-12-23 15:03:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore problem with Tru64
From: bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com (Adametz, Bluejay)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:03:40 -0500
[I'll ignore your comment about Tru64 and try to be helpful.]

Things I would check (some of which you may have already done):

* Try to use dd to write something (anything) to the raw devices (presumably
what's on there now is unimportant, since you're restoring). This will tell
you if the problem is with the device or something Netbackup is trying to
do.
* Check permissions on the device files (and that they're there).
* Check the disklabel. Make sure the partition(s) you're using are marked
unused.

                                                - Bluejay Adametz

Be nice to the people on the way up, you may meet them again on the way
down.