Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Email Notification fails after applying Patch4

2002-12-16 02:10:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Email Notification fails after applying Patch4
From: Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:10:39 -0000
Hi everyone
After applying the latest Patch (Patch4) to my NT Master & Media Server I
encountered 2 problems which I wanted to run past people.

The Master Server installation completed, but right at the end it came up
with the following message in a typical Windows error message box:

Error BPRD.EXE
The procedure entry point enabled service could not be located in the
dynamic link library netbackup.dll
I was then told a reboot had to take place for the files to take effect,
which I done. Once the server came back, I checked all event logs, services
and performed 3 types of backups - all completed ok.

I then updated my Media server which did NOT require a reboot and completed
successfully.

I have now discovered a problem - I used to get Email notifications when a
backup completed. This has now stopped. I was using BLAT.EXE (which does
work as I have performed an Email test) and checked the
"Backup_Exit_Notify.cmd" file and that all looks ok! The Email account
exists too!

It definitely worked before applying the patch because I performed a full
backup over the weekend and notifications were sent out to me.

Has anyone seen any of the above at all. Any input is gratefully received.

Merry Christmas :)

Simon Weaver
Infrastructure Management - NT Domain Administrator
Ext 5544
Tel: 02392 705544 (Direct Dial)

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium
Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.