Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SDLT vs LTO Ultrium

2002-12-11 12:42:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SDLT vs LTO Ultrium
From: scurry AT yahoo-inc DOT com (Steve Curry)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:42:42 -0800
Our broadcast group uses DTF2 drives which do like 200MB (or 250MB) native
at 25MBps.  Those DTF2 tapes are about the size of a small country, bigger
than a VCR tape!!  They are also priced about the same as 9940B's, a
competiting product line from Sony I think.  Our broadcast group uses them
to archive video and databases and the such, I'm not to sure what the load
speed is but I assume it's comparable.

A guy could use a DTF tape to hold up his camaro while changing the oil,
those things are so BIG.

Steve Curry
Yahoo! Inc.