Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Win2000 Admin Server

2002-12-04 09:55:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Win2000 Admin Server
From: Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com (Weber, Philip)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:55:59 -0000
Our Master & Media servers are Solaris 2.6, used to backup a number of
Solaris and Wintel clients.

For purposes of administering the Wintel clients, e.g. changing OTM
settings, and also to keep our NT admins happy, we have a  Windows 2000
server configured as a NetBackup admin server.

Our servers are split over 2 sites (A & B) & the Win2000 Admin server is on
site B.  It was recently rebuilt and since then can only admin servers on
site B.  When trying to admin a server on site A it returns immediately with
the message "BAD Network Connection on Machines:<m/c id>".

This is probably a network configuration issue, but as I can ping, tracert,
browse etc. back and forth between these machines OK thought I'd see if
anyone has any ideas on it?

thanks, phil

Phil Weber
IT Infrastructure Unix Systems Engineer