Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Auto-Cleaning.....

2002-12-03 17:56:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Auto-Cleaning.....
From: randy.k.zimmer AT monsanto DOT com (ZIMMER, RANDY K [AG/1000])
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:56:54 -0600
I need some help.....

I have a Tru64 Unix master server running NB v4.5.  We are using SSO and
there are two media servers attached to this server.  I have noticed since
going to v4.5 when veritas feels the tape drive needs cleaning it auto
cleans the drive.  This is not good because it will be in the middle of a
backup and decide the drive needs to be cleaned and will dismount the tape
at which point the backup will die, and then it will mount the cleaning
tape.  I have talked to Veritas Support about this very issue and they tell
me this has always been this way.  I have a Tru64 Unix Master running v3.4
and have never seen this happen in this environment.  Has anybody else
experienced this problem.

Here are some specifics:

Tru64 Unix (Operating System 5.1)
ESL9326 Tape Library