Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] db_lock_media: unable to lock media at offset

2002-11-26 11:17:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] db_lock_media: unable to lock media at offset
From: daniel.teklu AT tfn DOT com (Teklu, Daniel)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:17:15 -0500
When Netbackup tries to use a tape and encouters somekind of error, it gives

db_lock_media: unable to lock media at offset (A11239)

Howevere, in my case it does not go and try the next tape in the drive. It
keeps trying the same tape again and again..and all my scheduled backups
fail with Exit 196 (the window closes).

How can I make it go to the next tape if it failes to mount the first tape?

Thanks
Daniel