Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OTM error

2002-11-22 11:42:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OTM error
From: Julio" <juliodezan AT ig.com DOT br (Julio)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:42:28 -0200
 Hi all,
 I have Netbackup 4.5 MP2 running in Solaris as master Server.
 I installed a client in a Windows 2000 box and it presents the following
 error:
 Windows was unable to save all the data for the file
 \Device\OtmDevices_0110\_Device_HarddiskVolume2_0\$Mft. The data has been
 lost.
 This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network
 connection.
 Please try to save this file elsewhere.
 This is a OTM error that.
 I got this information in event viewer.
 Event Type: Warning
 Event Source: OtMan5
 Event Category: None
 Event ID: 50
> Date: 11/7/2002
> Time: 2:55:42 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: ENDEAVOR01
> {Lost Delayed-Write Data} The system was attempting to transfer file data
> from b
> uffers to . The write operation failed, and only some of the data may have
> been
> written to the file.
> I searched in eventid.net and got
> vent ID: 50
> Source Ftdisk (The soucer is not OtMan5)
> Type Warning
> Description {Lost Delayed-Write Data} The system was attemting to transfer
> file
> data from buffers to \Device\Harddisk\Volume4. The write operation failed,
> and o
> nly some of the data may have been written to the file.
> Comments Adrian Grigorof: From Usenet posts:
> - "Try disabling write cache on your scsi controller. Also try to update
> your sc
> si controller's driver."
> - "Found Norton AV update was causing problem. If you are running Norton
AV,
> try
> uninstalling it, reboot to see if problem persists."
> Sorin Ciulpan: I encountered this problem with a notebook running Windows
NT