Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Relative performance of 9840a's and 9940Bs under NT and W2K.

2002-11-21 12:20:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Relative performance of 9840a's and 9940Bs under NT and W2K.
From: Bleimeyer, Paul W." <paulb AT mayo DOT edu (Paul Bleimeyer)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:20:08 -0600
I am looking for some rough numbers for the above StorageTek drives
in a NT4/W2K environment over FC.

What level of compression are you achieving? 1.5, 1.7, 2.0 to 1?
What kind of data are you handling?
How large is your average file? 20k, 200k, 2000k, larger?
What kind of performance are you seeing and how are you connected
to get the numbers you are seeing?
What if any buffer setting changes have you made?
If connected over FC, what HBA are you running and are you
running 1 or 2gb connections?

I know some of this is rather general, but I trying to make some decisions
on if moving from 9840's to 9940B's is worth the expense, time and hassle.

Regards,

Paul