Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2002-11-21 10:21:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: MBreshears AT trammellcrow DOT com (Michael Breshears)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:21:54 -0600
What a can of worms :-)  You should get some interesting responses from this
question.  Here is my 2 cents:

DON'T (just kidding)

The 2 issues that immediately jump out at me are duplicate data and
administration.  I do not know the size of the company that we are talking
about so it is all relative.  If this is something your company has already
decided to do, I would suggest looking at NetBackup Professional and letting
the users take some of the administrative load off your shoulders.

If they are allowed to save to their local drive, you will have multiple
copies of every document that they are working on, so cost of storage space
will be a major factor.

Good Luck!

Michael
mbreshears AT trammellcrow DOT com