Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Master Server rebuild - crisis!

2002-11-20 01:07:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Master Server rebuild - crisis!
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 00:07:58 -0600
--=_alternative 0021E53386256C77_=

sure. that's the first steps in recovering a master. be sure to use the
same name to make your life easier.  after you install nbu, use bprecover
to recover the catalogs on the master and then you can use nbu to restore
other files that may have existed (making sure you don't overwrite the
catalogs you just recovered with bprecover).

refer to the admin guide for more info on recovering your environment...
and yes I have heard you complain that you don't have the manuals... you
do realize that they're all in pdf format on the CDs and I think you might
also be able to download them from the web site?  the pdf versions are
identical to the printed versions.

- Scott

"WEAVER, Simon" <Simon.WEAVER AT astrium-space DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
11/19/2002 11:48 PM