Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Very Sloooowww Netbackup

2002-11-19 15:26:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Very Sloooowww Netbackup
From: jonw AT n2h2 DOT com (Jon Walton)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:26:22 -0800 (PST)
You might

1. Check your switch ports for auto-negotiation problems.   You can try
setting both sides to full/100, although I do not like to do this unless
it is absolutely required.    I have almost always been able to resolve
issues by making sure that both sides are set to auto.

2. Run a tar directly to a scratch tape and make sure this is not a tape
drive problem.   In my 4 DLT8000 L80, I had a bad drive that caused similar
poor backup speed.   This was not solved until Storagetek sent out a new
DLT8000 drive.

-Jon